Often in times of crisis, the best medicine for us humans to stay sane is found in laughter and in the arts. Musicians in particular know that the best therapy during hardship is to play and create music. We would not have music like the blues, rock and roll, soul and country without hardship.
Now that we are all cooped up inside for who knows how long, the best use of our time is to channel our thoughts and feelings into our music. Though we may be physically isolated from our fellow musicians, we are still connected via the internet, and now is a time when we are pushing the limits of remote collaboration.
To help inspire our musical Brothers and Sisters, Burl Audio is sponsoring a song writing contest. As a motivator, we are giving away a grand prize of your choice of a B16 Mothership Chassis or a B2 ADC. Runner up will get choice of a B1 or B1D.
One entry per person.
Here are the requirements:
- Must be a new song, and must relate in some way to the present Covid-19 crisis.
- The fidelity of the recording does not matter, it can be recorded on anything.
- Entry must be submitted by May 4th. One entry per person.
- Submit with a photo, bio or artwork of some kind.
- BURL Audio will nominate top 4 songs.
- Winner and runner-up will be selected by public polling posted on BURL Facebook page. Voting will take place the week of May 4.
- Videos will be accepted, but video is not required.
- Music can be any genre and can be “serious” or humorous.
- Please send questions to Bristin@burlaudio.com.
Send us your song by clicking the link below.